During the hottest months of the year, sun exposure and sea salt can affect our skin which, if not adequately protected, can be dehydrated and weakened. To take care of the skin during the summer we can adopt a series of useful precautions and at the same time use cosmetic products able to ensure the protection of the skin.
Useful tips to take care of the skin during the summer
To avoid weakening the skin and subjecting it to a series of unwanted effects we can adopt some useful precautions such as:
- limit sun exposure especially during the hottest hours of the day;
- drink a lot of water, since the body loses a higher quantity of liquids during the summer, also due to the higher sweating, compared to the other months of the year. It is therefore advisable to drink at least 2 liters of water per day to avoid any risk of dehydration;
- rinse with fresh water immediately after bathing in the sea or in the pool. The skin, in fact, tends to become drier and is susceptible to inflammation if the salt or chlorine remains on its surface for a long time;
- introduce in your diet a lot of fruits and vegetables (in particular berries, apricots, grapes, broccoli, and spinach) foods rich in beta-carotene and vitamins C and E, substances that thanks to their characteristic of antioxidants are able to protect the skin during the summer period;
- avoid sleeping badly or too little, as the skin tends to regenerate especially during sleep;
- protect the skin with sunscreen during sun exposure that runs the risk of being damaged especially by UVA and UVB rays.
Rest the skin by limiting the scent and make-up
Another good rule to be respected to rest the skin during the summer is to avoid putting the perfume before sun exposure. The agents present in the perfume following the reaction with UVA and UVB rays can, in fact, cause indelible stains on the skin. Even with regard to make-up, it would be a good idea to avoid it as much as possible during the holidays, in order to rest the skin, already stressed by the sun and salt, leaving it free from the agents often found in make-up products.
Treat the skin after sun exposure
During the summer it is not enough to guarantee the protection of the skin only during exposure to the sun, but adequate hydration is necessary even after exposure, to keep the skin always hydrated and fresh and avoid the risks of dehydration may also manifest after the exhibition. We, therefore, recommend using after-sun creams that can give freshness to the skin, revitalizing it.
Products from the Sunshine Farmavit line for skin protection
The Farmavit Laboratories presents the “Sunshine” line of avant-garde sun care products to ensure the protection of the skin during and after exposure to the sun, ensuring vitality, hydrating and providing relief and a feeling of immediate freshness:
- Sunshine Farmavit Solar Water, scented water enriched with beneficial moisturizing and soothing substances. It gives relief and a feeling of immediate freshness. Thanks to the contained Aloe, it can also be applied after exposure to the sun, to soothe the skin and intensify the tan;
Sunshine Farmavit Aftersun Milk, which gives vitality to the skin during the summer. Revitalizes the epidermis and stimulates skin tropism, restoring elasticity, tone, and emolliency. Active natural and vegetable ingredients such as Tsubaki Oil, Monoi Oil, and Aloe Oil have a moisturizing action that retards skin aging. Sweet almond oil contributes to the cellular renewal of skin tissues with an emollient and soothing action. Menthol gives the skin a pleasant sensation of freshness.