THE BENEFITS OF HYALURONIC ACID FOR THE SKIN. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that performs both an aesthetic function, correcting wrinkles, crow’s feet and other skin imperfections, as well as medical, stimulating tissue regeneration and acting as a cushion for joints.
Hyaluronic acid in our body
Hyaluronic acid is found in the skin, cartilage, eye, tendons and synovial fluid. As far as the skin is concerned, its main function consists in giving hydration and tone. The molecule is composed of two simple sugars with negative polarity, which repel each other giving elasticity to the molecule, which turns out to be soluble in water. Consequently hyaluronic acid is able to give elasticity to the tissues in which it is found by opposing the creation of wrinkles and imperfections of the skin on the face and contributing to the smooth functioning of the joints and cartilages of our body. Its presence tends to reduce with the passing of the years.
The different functions of hyaluronic acid
The chemical structure of hyaluronic acid has the following functions:
- moisturizes the tissues of the skin of the face and body, given its characteristic of conserving water and freeing it if necessary;
- ensures the elasticity of the joints, given its presence in the synovial fluid of the tendons and cartilages;
- reproduces damaged tissues;
- operates as a barrier against toxic substances;
- helps keep the heart healthy;
- helps put the immune system into action.
Wrinkles and Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid is one of the most important components of the dermis. Its special properties give the leather the characteristics of elasticity and softness. Thanks to its remarkable ability to retain the water it guarantees the skin the right level of hydration and promotes the physiological production of collagen. Its high concentration in the connective skin tissue is reduced with advancing age leading to skin aging. Thanks to the use of cosmetic products, it is possible to add new hyaluronic acid, allowing the skin to start up again, encouraging cellular functionality and restoring firmness and vitality to the skin.
Hyaluronic acid in cosmetics
Given its beneficial properties, hyaluronic acid is now used in cosmetics for the production of product lines, especially creams and serums, which are able to protect, restructure, hydrate, give energy and vitality to the skin of the face, reducing the wrinkles, lines, and signs of aging. The creams and serums based on hyaluronic acid allow hydrating the skin in a natural and non-invasive way, facilitating the regeneration of skin tissue and restoring elasticity and freshness to the skin. In these cases the treatment is very simple, just apply the chosen cream or serum regularly to the face.
Farmavit products based on hyaluronic acid
In the line of products ” Creams and Serums” Farmavit we find:
- Hyaluronic acid serum with coenzyme Q10: repairing filler with lifting effect. Visibly reduces lines, wrinkles, and signs of aging. It favors the natural production of collagen, deeply moisturizes and thanks to the presence of Coenzyme Q10 it keeps the skin elastic.